Subscribe now to The Declutter Hub Podcast so you don't miss an episode
How long do you need to keep paperwork in your filing system? In this episode Lesley and Ingrid discuss the different categories of paperwork and for how long we should keep them.
One of the most asked questions we get asked is how long do you need to keep paperwork? People are reluctant to shred or recycle documents because they think they might need it someday. There is no right or wrong way as long as it's all organised and you can find it when you need it.
In this episode we discuss:
- 1Every person is different and it depends on your own comfort zone and situation how long you want to keep paperwork
- 2Important documents; passports, birth certificates, wills and marriage certificates
- 3Bank and credit card statements can be received paperless
- 4Utility paperwork and council tax paperwork
- 5Mortgage paperwork and rental agreements
- 6Insurances; home, travel, pet and car
- 7Car; MOT, buying/leasing, maintenance, service and change of owner
- 8Children's finances; bank accounts, bonds
- 9School documentations; reports and certificates
- 10Medical paperwork; appointment letters, results and scans
- 11Investment, shares and pension paperwork
- 12HMRC, payslips, P45 and P60 paperwork
- 13Professional development, degree and courses
- 14Employment information; appraisals, letters and contracts
Check out our Members' Area to take your decluttering to the next level
Other related things you may find useful
Subscribe and review us in iTunes or Stitcher
We’d love for you to subscribe to our podcast! We don’t want you to miss an episode as each one will get you closer to your goals.
Now if you’re feeling extra kind, we'd be so grateful if you left us a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find us and we love reading them so we can change our content based on what you like. Just click the button below to visit, subscribe and review. Thank you!