Subscribe now to The Declutter Hub Podcast so you don't miss an episode
Command centre organising! In this podcast Lesley and Ingrid talk about what a command centre is and how it can help you live a more organised life.
A command centre is a very grand word for the central area where, whoever is involved in managing the daily and weekly routines, keeps all the important stuff together. This is very often in the kitchen, but we’ll discuss different options of where this command centre can be and what kind of things you would find there.
In this episode we discuss:
- 1Who is going to get most use out of a command centre.
- 2What does a command centre look like: pin board, whiteboard with magnets, hooks, basket.
- 3What kind of stuff will you find in a command centre: * weekly menus and meal plans, * shopping list, * family calendar and kids activities, list with names of classmates, school holiday, dates for recycling, useful phone numbers, appointment cards and a pen, * letters from school, * inspirational quotes or pictures and * kids artwork
- 4Location of a command centre or launching station can be in the kitchen or next to the front door where shoes and coats that are used daily live. You need a place for swimming kits, shin pads, books to return to the library, your bags for live, etc.
- 5Don't overload your pin board or command centre. Keep it decluttered and organised and make sure the information is kept relevant and up-to-date.
Check out our Members' Area to take your decluttering to the next level
Other related things you may find useful
You might also be interested in the blog 5 ways to simplify your life on our website.
Subscribe and review us in iTunes, Stitcher or Spotify
We’d love for you to subscribe to our podcast! We don’t want you to miss an episode as each one will get you closer to your goals.
Now if you’re feeling extra kind, we'd be so grateful if you left us a review too. Reviews help other people find us and we love reading them so we can change our content based on what you like. Just click the button below to visit, subscribe and review. Thank you!
If you like what you've heard or read, feel free to share this podcast with anyone you think would like it too. Thanks!!