Subscribe now to The Declutter Hub Podcast so you don't miss an episode
Everyone has been talking about Marie Kondo and her new show Tidy Up on Netflix. But does the Marie Kondo method work? In this podcast Lesley and Ingrid share our thoughts on Marie Kondo and her method.
January is always the best month of the year to read about all things decluttering and organising. Newspapers and magazines are full of articles with top tips, ways to keep those New Years's resolutions going, how to blogs etc. This year it was blown out of the water by Marie Kondo's new series Tidy Up on Netflix. Every where you look on social media her name keeps coming up, millions of people are trying to fold t-shirts the konmari way and they are asking themselves if items are "sparking joy". With so much publicity we really wanted to share with you out thoughts and determine does the Marie Kondo method work?
In this episode we discuss:
- 1What it is about Marie Kondo and what is capturing the imagination?
- 2What is spark joy and the emotions around clutter and thanking objects.
- 3Her methodology; clothes, books, paperwork, komono and sentimental items. Komono is the all catch terminology for everything in a kitchen, garage, loft, under stairs cupboard, toys, etc.
- 4What is the process of her method and what practicalities are involved in the different steps? Does the Marie Kondo method work?
- 5Her devotion to folding everything perfectly.
- 6Why we are developing courses to teach how you can organised your own home by room instead of by category.
If you'd like to step up your decluttering and would like more input from Ingrid and I, come and take a look at our VIP membership options, our step-by-step courses and our Room-By-Room bootcamp. If you would like to know more, why not book a 15-minute free Discovery Call with Ingrid or Lesley to discuss more about how you can learn with us. If you have any questions, do let us know!
Check out our Members' Area to take your decluttering to the next level
Other related things you may find useful
Subscribe and review us in iTunes or Stitcher
We’d love for you to subscribe to our podcast! We don’t want you to miss an episode as each one will get you closer to your goals.
Now if you’re feeling extra kind, we'd be so grateful if you left us a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find us and we love reading them so we can change our content based on what you like. Just click the button below to visit, subscribe and review. Thank you!