Are you a shopaholic when it comes to clothes? Could you do a no shopping challenge?
In todays' episode, Lesley talks to two friends who embarked on a challenge to change their clothes shopping behaviours. We talk about the psychology of shopping, the details of their challenge and most importantly what they learnt from the process and whether they would recommend it for anyone who wants to challenge themselves in the New Year. Could you do a no shopping challenge? To help you think about it, here are the things we talk about.
- 1Do we shop in order to treat ourselves?
- 2If we shop with a friend or family member, is the treat having company?
- 3Is shopping so ingrained in our lives that it becomes routine?
- 4Is keeping up with the latest fashions a driver?
- 5Do we shop in order to make ourselves feel better about our body?
- 6Is it beneficial when setting yourself a challenge to be accountable to someone else?
- 7What are the rules of the no shopping challenge they embarked on?
- 8What did the challenge teach them?
If you'd like to step up your decluttering and would like more input from Ingrid and I, come and take a look at our membership options, our step-by-step courses and our Room-By-Room bootcamp. If you would like to know more, why not book a 15-minute free Discovery Call with Ingrid or Lesley to discuss more about how you can learn with us. If you have any questions, do let us know!
Check out our Members' Area to take your decluttering to the next level
Other related things you may find useful
Subscribe and review us in iTunes or Stitcher
We’d love for you to subscribe to our podcast! We don’t want you to miss an episode as each one will get you closer to your goals.
Now if you’re feeling extra kind, we'd be so grateful if you left us a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find us and we love reading them so we can change our content based on what you like. Just click the button below to visit, subscribe and review. Thank you!