If you're lucky enough to be embarking on a trip soon, it’s time to make sure a couple of things are sorted before you travel. Here are our top 5 tips so you’re all set for your break.
- Where is your passport? Is it still valid? Do you need a visa for the place you’re travelling to? Are your partner’s and kids' passports valid as well? Check this today. There might be still time to get your documents in order before your trip.
- Have you sorted your travel insurance? Whether you have a year-round policy or buy one every time you go away, make sure you check it’s still in date. Also double check what you are insured for. Is it only the trip or also when you lose something or an item gets stolen. Are the activities you may want to do on holiday like diving, skiing or paragliding insured?
- Have you booked flights or a ferry? If so, now is the time to find those tickets and check the travel dates and times on them. If you haven’t booked anything but have been waiting for last minute prices, now is the time to spend some time organising your travel arrangements. If you're flying check the baggage allowance so you don’t have to pay an excess baggage fee.
- If you’ve booked a package holiday you probably have your hotel or apartment included, but if not you want to sort out your accommodation. Whether this is a campsite, a hotel, an apartment or a caravan, look at check in and check out times so there are no surprises when you arrive.
- How are you getting to and from the airport, train or ferry? Do you need to book a taxi, ask a friend for a lift or if you've got a very early flight you may rather spend the night before in an airport hotel? If you drive have you booked a parking space at the airport?