Psychology behind decluttering clothes! In this podcast Lesley and Ingrid talk about why it is so hard to declutter clothes.
Your wardrobe is your expression of who you are to the world. Why wear clothes that you don't feel good in? For some people decluttering their clothes is very hard and lots of emotions are connected to it.
Lesley and Ingrid both realise that decluttering clothes can be very daunting and it is important to understand the emotions and challenges that are connected to having a lot of clothes when starting your decluttering journey so they discuss why is it so hard to declutter clothes.
In this episode we discuss:
- 1The 20-80 rule; we wear 20% of your clothes 80% of the time so don't be afraid to declutter some clothes. You need to be able to move the hangers in your wardrobe to see what you have.
- 2Lifestyle: changes from corporate job to stay at home mum / retirement with age or due to ill health / by choice.
- 3Favourite clothes; go to items that you keep buying the same off like jeans, leggings or a little black dress.
- 4Weight fluctuations; be realistic about what you can wear now and is a size you will fit in (again). If you do achieve a large weight loss you can treat yourself.
- 5Feeling guilty; mistake purchase, money that you have spend on certain items, kids clothes and hand me downs, expensive clothes.
- 6Sentimental clothing; wedding dress and other people clothes
Check out our Membership to take your decluttering to the next level
Other related things you may find useful
You might also be interested in the blog I feel so guilty about my clutter on our website or check out our free resource below.
Subscribe and review us in iTunes, Stitcher or Spotify
We’d love for you to subscribe to our podcast! We don’t want you to miss an episode as each one will get you closer to your goals.
Now if you’re feeling extra kind, we'd be so grateful if you left us a review too. Reviews help other people find us and we love reading them so we can change our content based on what you like. Just click the button below to visit, subscribe and review. Thank you!
If you like what you've heard or read, feel free to share this podcast with anyone you think would like it too. Thanks!!